Monday, April 13, 2009






G'evening everyone,

Hoping all is well with y'all!

I wanted to update what's up in my little 'bead world'... the other day, I was getting my morning started. I had a cup of my morning coffee in my hand and placed it on top of my kiln (which was NOT turned on, of course) and was going to get settled in and turn ON the kiln and get my glass all chosen and get going for a productive day. Suddenly, I clumsily knocked over my coffee and, of course, it ran across the top of the kiln and down the side, right into the controls!... I heard a sizzling noise and found that so odd since the kiln was not on at the time. Hmm. YIKES!

Luckily, I was able to contact Michael Crowley, who built the kiln, and he explained to me what I had done (fried the 'controller' thingie inside the kiln), but not to worry because he could fix it! Thank goodness! Sooooooooooo, the kiln is in the mail on its way to Michael to be repaired and I will be out of the bead biz until it returns.

Just wanted to let you know why there isn't going to be any new beads for a little while... and to let you know that I hadn't fallen off the face of the earth again. Just waiting to have my kiln repaired so I can get back to work.

Life is so full of surprises, isn't it? Ya never know what's next. Sheesh, did I feel foolish after that 'coffee fried kiln controller' incident. NEVER will I put my coffee (or any other liquid for that matter) on top of my kiln again... and if you, too, are a lampworker, hope this never happens to you!


Bye for now and be well.

G'nite and take good, good care, Gracie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home