Friday, September 11, 2009





Hello, hello,

I have a new bead collection up for auction in ebay that I wanted to share with you... please click on this bead collection's title (directly below) and be taken to its auction in ebay...

EYE OF THE STORM ::: A collection of my "one of a kind" handmade artisan lampwork glass beads, which I am calling EYE OF THE STORM... I have to give a special thanks to my friend and customer, Alexandra for this name... her naming of this design is genius and fits the design perfectly... thanks so much, Alexandra for your inspirational naming of this design... the colors in these beads are incredibly rainbow-like... created in shades of greens, teal blues, purples, pinks, amber honey and champagne... wonderful colors for any season of the year... but especially nice for the Autumn and Winter months that are just around the corner... this is a unique collection of beads for me as they are matching beads... usually, my beads are an eclectic gathering of different designs and colors... this time they all match... something new for this bead maker. :)

There are 18 beads in this collection... there are six (6) lentil shaped beads that range in size from about 19mm to 20mm with twelve (12) matching rounds that measure about 8mm x 11mm... all of these beads are decorated on both sides and have been temporarily strung on satin ribbon... this strand of beads measures approximately 8ΒΌ inches long.


EYE OF THE STORM ::: A view of this bead collection...


EYE OF THE STORM ::: Another view of this collection of beads...



EYE OF THE STORM ::: A view of these beads in my hand to give you a visual reference to their size... this picture was taken outside in direct sunlight to highlight and really show these beads' beautiful Raku rainbow colors...


That's it for now... it's time for nighty-nighty... tomorrow I'm off to spend the day and have lunch with my new 'stamp collecting' buddies... stamp collecting is a new hobby for me... stamp collecting is not only intriguing and inspiraitonal from a color standpoint (of course, as artists I'm sure you will understand that I get inspired for new bead ideas from the colors in the stamps that I see), but it is also an interesting and GREAT way to learn world and United States history! I'm finding it a fascinating hobby! And my new friends are the greatest... very intelligent, entertaining and interesting folks... and lots of laughs (a GOOD thing)!

I'm sending best wishes to you all for a wonderful, fun-filled weekend!

Take good care and g'nite, Gracie Lou

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home