Friday, June 26, 2009






Hello all,

I have a couple bead auctions up on ebay right now, but my kiln has a problem and is being shipped off today to Mike in Oregon to be repaired... thank you sooooooooooooooo much, Mike! Until my kiln is repaired, returned and I'm back behind it, I am offering some of my jewelry for sale in the meantime. To start, the beads...

FIRE & TEAL ::: A collection of my FIRE & TEAL handmade lampwork glass beads... these colors of teal and pale blues with pale champagne and rich, honey will work year round... as I created these beads, I had a bracelet and matching earrings in mind.

There are 9 beads in this collection... to start is a lentil shaped focal/centerpiece bead that measures about 23mm x 25mm... also included are four smaller size lentil shaped beads that range in size from about 17mm to about 19mm... along with two matching pair of smaller round shaped beads that were created for matching earrings... both pair of these smaller round shaped beads measure about 8mm x 10mm... all of these beads are decorated on both sides and have been temporarily strung on cording... this strand of beads measures about 5¼ inches long.



MENAGERIE ::: Here I am presenting an eclectic gathering of handmade artisan lampwork glass beads that are collections that were started and not finished or new color combinations that I have been experimenting with... I call this collection MENAGERIE... it is filled with playful & colorful blues and greens with raised decorations to give a 3-D effect on some of these blue and green beads and also some of these beads were created in earthy shades in plum purples, rainbow blues and greens, sage greens and browns and one bead is etched purple/plum... these colors will all work year round... I can see five or six cool bracelets made from this collection.

There are 24 beads in this collection... there are lentil shapes and round shapes... there are 18 lentil shapes with 17 of them ranging in size from about 18mm to 19mm... there is one focal lentil shape that measures about 25mm x 26mm... there are 6 smaller round shape beads, 4 measure about 7mm x 9mm and one pair measures about 8mm x 11mm... 4 of these beads have been gently etched to a satin matte finish... all of these beads are decorated on both sides and have been temporarily strung on cording... this strand of beads measures about 14½ inches long.



And now for my jewelry... these are my personal pieces from my jewelry box that I have decided to let go... time to start a new and time for these pieces to be enjoyed by someone else, perhaps...

Four VINTAGE Turquoise, Coral & Silver Cuff Bracelets ::: This is a collection of 4 vintage inlaid turquoise, coral and silver bracelets that I purchased in the early 70's... it is time for me to start a new and a new life and part of this means to lighten my load, therefore, I am offering these beautiful and fun bracelets for sale... these vintage bracelets will be GREAT for the Summertime that is right ahead of us.

The measurement of these bracelets inside from side to side is 2-1/4 inches... I have worker-bee, meaning not dainty, sized hands and I can wear these bracelets very comfortably... my wrists are about 6 to 6-1/4 inches and they fit my wrists just fine.



QUARTET (4) of Silver BANGLE Bracelets ::: A quartet (4) silver bangle bracelets, all with a different fun and playful design... I have had these bracelets in my jewelry box for some time now, but have not worn them... I spent about six months (in a different lifetime) living on a sailboat in Baja and bought some goodies down there from the local vendors... I do believe I bought all four of these silver bracelets in Baja during that adventure. They look great worn all together and make an awesome tinkling noise when they bump into each other as you move throughout the day/night... it's a very cool thing!

These bracelet's inside dimensions range from about 2½ to about 2¾. I have rather large (worker-bee) sized hands and I can wear them just fine... only one of these bracelets has the 925/Mexico marking inside of being sterling silver... not sure about the rest.




CELTIC TRINITY KNOT, Wire-Wrapped & Lampwork Pendant ::: A lovely handmade pendant with one of my handmade lampwork glass beads in purple, Swarovski crystals and a gold Celtic trinity knot pendant that I have wire-wrapped with gold-filled wire... it is all ready to be hung on a chain or cording... the pendant has a marking on the bottom, but it is so tiny, I cannot read it and it's been a long time since I purchased this, but I do believe I remember it being 14k gold, just can't be positive.




And that's it for now... until I get my kiln back, which shouldn't be too long, I will not have any beads available, unfortunately. Without my kiln, as a bead maker, needless to say, I can't make beads. But thank goodness for Mike, who built the kiln, and that he is willing to fix my kiln... there truly is sunlight on the horizon!

Hope the rest of your week and your weekend are lovely.

Take good care, Gracie, and thanks for stopping by.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home